We are so busy right now, but we are surviving. My new job is going really well. I'm enjoying learning new things and being challenged in new ways. I've been working more than normal during this transition period while also working some at my old job. I miss my kids!!! After this weekend things should slow down. : )
Madelyn is loving first grade. She loves her teacher and is making new friends. She hasn't even had homework yet! Silas is also doing very well at his new school. He was sick today and was unable to go, but is so excited every morning to be going. We had a rough weekend with him, but I anticipated this as he adjusts to a new routine. I think it will take several weeks for him to adjust.
Caroline started gymnastics yesterday and had a blast. She will not start school until after Labor day.
I saw this post today about a day in the life of a child with attachment issues. I often have trouble explaining what our days can be like. Silas appears to be adorable, loving, angelic and smart in front of others. I thought this was a good description. Now, while he does not display all of these behaviors (no peeing on the carpet - yet - he is not potty trained), this is very true to life. He is getting better. We are COMMITTED to healing him and we are seeing improvements! It is still a process though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Cara -
I appreciate the link with the description so that I can know more about what your days are like. I definitely want to be there for you but know that I can't "understand" per se what you're going through. Just know that I admire you for your tenacity and dedication! I enjoyed seeing you this weekend, and I appreciate you taking the time to see us even though I know you were utterly exhausted!!
Love,
Brooke
So true! Thanks for sharing. You can't truly understad unles you are living it. Keep going....you are doing great. And you are not alone. Doesn't that help? Knowing someone else KNOWS what you are going through?
I'm going to miss not seeing you at preschool so we can "dicuss". I love both of Courtney's blogs and I thought that was a great attachment post also when I read it. She has quite a perspective!
Glad things are going fairly smoothly. Nick is liking K so far. We have a little trouble with the drop off but I have a call into the school to see if they can give us an assigned adult to take him to his class. He doesn't like being passed off to a different person everyday....at least I think that is the issue. :) Hope Caroline's first day goes well also! :)
Bless your heart...you have brought him into a home that has two of the sweetest, quietest little girls and although you love him dearly, your home must be so different. However, it sure seems you and Jason are great with him and giving him all the love you can. Thanks for sharing and being so transparent.
Cara, this is a great post! I love the prayer at the end. There is a lot of healing to do in the heart of our little man, but I do believe we are making great strides. I continually pray for patience for both of us and know that God always works on me to develop this spiritual gift. I love you and am thankful for your heart and our adoption journey.
Post a Comment