- I am starting a new job! In the next year or so, I am going to be needing to work full-time. I am starting at the University Clinic "as needed" in hopes to get my foot in the door for a full-time position. They are hard to come by as their hours are great and they are closed on holidays and weekends. I did paperwork yesterday and am officially starting tomorrow! Nervous, but excited.
- Madelyn and Silas start school next Wednesday! We found out who Madelyn has for first grade and think she will have a great year. She was excited a good friend from Kindergarten is also in her class. Silas will be going every morning from 8:30 - 11:30 and then is staying three days a week for daycare. I think the structure and routine will do wonders for him. It will free me up to work two days a week and then have some time to get a little break. He is going to a hearing a speech center and I have been so impressed with the school.
- Madelyn and I had our annual back to school shopping day. We had so much fun together. We ate lunch at Oliv* Gard*n, bought her two new outfits, new tennis shoes (2 1/2 sizes bigger than the ones she was wearing), and stocked up on all of her supplies she needs. She is just a joy.
- Jason's parents are back in the country. They were "let go" from their missionary position in Cambodia ($$$) and are back in KY waiting for God's next plan. We are excited to have them home and look forward to seeing them lots! We had a nice cookout on Sunday with Jason's sister Kara and her family. Please pray for them as they seek God's will.
- I've got Madelyn registered for ballet and Caroline registered for gymnastics for the fall.
- Jason's drug he was hired to sell a year ago finally got approved. He was at training last week and will be busy this fall. Job security!
- Our church started a new series called IT. We learned about part of IT on Saturday night at church. Check out the website to learn about IT.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
End of Summer
Where has this summer gone? Goodness, it has flown by. It did not help that school wasn't over until the first week of June and starts back next Wednesday... Even though it has been a fast summer, it has been a good one. We have lots of changes in our family for this fall! Life has been a little stressful working out the puzzle for our family, but as usual, God fit all the pieces together just perfectly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where has the summer gone?! Congratulations on your new job. Will this be in addition to your current one?
I think I've probably told you this before but a coworker's son goes to Silas' school and has nothing but good things to say about it. I'm sure he'll love it and you'll get a chance to recharge.
Who did Madelyn get for 1st grade? Elise has Mrs. Erwin, who was also my 1st grade teacher. Crazy to think she's still there some 25 years later! I know Madelyn will do great no matter who she has.
Cara, I love your blog...so honest and informative. Your children are beautiful inside and out and I wish they were at Clays Mill! I hope they have a wonderful school year.
Post a Comment