Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of School!





Yesterday was the first day of school for Madelyn and Silas! Madelyn is a big first grader and had a wonderful day at school. She loves her teacher and has enjoyed seeing old friends and making new friends as well. Silas had his first day of preschool and then stayed for the afternoon daycare (normally I will be working on Wednesdays). He came home in the best mood! I think he loved his school and had fun playing all day.

It has been a crazy week around our house! I have been working a lot and have started my new job. The stress of learning everything there + school starting + packing lunches + laying out clothes + our van died yesterday and needed $800 of repairs + meetings for activities and school + normal housework has equaled a tired mom! I am thankful that I am not working tomorrow. Silas and Madelyn have school and Caroline is having a friend over for the afternoon. I'm hoping to be very productive.

One of my goals for tomorrow is to make a new schedule for cleaning, laundry, working out and basically just running our home. If I have a set day for chores I am much more likely to get them done. Our schedule is so different this fall that I need to start from scratch and reorganize our week. Any suggestions of things that work for you all is much appreciated!

5 comments:

Jill said...

The look on Caroline's face is too funny on that picture - but oh so cute! Happy new school year!

jeanette said...

so glad Silas did well in school!

holy cats woman -you ARE busy!!

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

They look so cute with thei little backpacks! I understand the "busy-ness" you're feeling; I'm right there with you! Are you doing MUMS this fall or do you have to wor?

John and Tara Dunn said...

How cute are they?!?!?! Praying for you all in the midst of the craziness!!

Heather said...

Adorable back to school pictures! This has been a busy season hasn't it?! I know exactly what you're saying! I'll have all three of mine in different schools this year too... dreading it and yet excited for them all! I hope I still feel that way next week when our schools start!