Sunday, April 15, 2012

4 Months

It's hard to believe 4 months have passed since Anna-Grace was born!  I think 4 months is a big milestone age.  She is getting more fun every day, she can go a little longer between feedings and her little personality is starting to show.  She is still doing great at school and even though it is still so hard to leave her, I know this is God's plan for our family.  Here are some pictures and things I want to remember about our little ladybug at 4 months.
 Enjoying being outside
 On Easter with Madelyn
 Easter with Pa-paw
 The Ellen's - Great-grandma - Betty Ellen, Grandma - Ellen Marie and Anna-Grace Ellen
 
Sitting in the Bumbo
  • You are a great eater!  You love both nursing and taking your bottles.  This weekend I tried something new and pumped when I normally would at work and gave you bottles during the day.  I think this worked much better for both of us.  It is what our bodies are used to.  I am waiting to try solids until your doctor's appointment at the beginning of May.  I am very concerned about food allergies with Caroline's history and do not want to rush anything.  I think you will like eating solids though because you intently watch us eat dinner!
  • You still love bath time.  I can't wait until the pool opens and you can try swimming!  You got your first swim suit in your Easter basket. : )
  • You love being outside.  You like to watch everyone riding bikes and we have gotten to go on several walks lately that you have enjoyed.
  • You are becoming a little more tolerant of the car.  We have had a few car rides recently where you were talking the entire time instead of screaming.  The entire family is very thankful!
  • You are still sleeping in our room.  You have moved from the little bassinet to the pack-n-play.  We tried your room one night and I think you lasted about 2 hours in there.  You are a restless sleeper and want your passy put back in several times through the night.  It's just easier if you are right beside us.  Usually around 4:00 you end up in our bed with us.  We NEVER did this with the other kids!!!  I guess this is how the last one gets spoiled?
  • You sleep through the night without eating about half of the time.  I think you've recently had a growth spurt and have been up most nights eating one time but then go right back to sleep.
  • You love being naked!  When we take off your clothes and diaper you get so happy. : )  Lots of kicking and smiles on the changing table.
  • You roll over from your tummy to your back.  When we put you on your back your roll from side to side but haven't rolled over to your tummy yet.  Probably because you hate being on your tummy!
  • You will probably be sitting up pretty soon.  You pull yourself up if you are reclining and have really good head control.  
  • We love you so much and you have brought so much joy to us in your 4 months here!

1 comment:

Sara Beth Stout said...

First, the pic of your mom, your grandmother, and A-G is so sweet and perfect! Also, A-G's hair has gotten so light. Ruthie would get in our bed every morning around 5 from the time she was 3 or 4 months old until I weaned her at 13. It was just easier to feed her and I get a little more sleep. She still awakens around 5:30 or 6 everyday and on special days she waits until 6:30 or 6:45! Glad I can keep up with the Groths through facebook and blogging. Praying for ya'll as you continue through this season of you working full time, Jason in school, and have 4 kids! Give them all hugs for me please!