Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Still Here!

Where to begin...we are still here, just super busy and worn out.  Here is a snapshot of what we've been up to and then I hope to further update with new pictures and things this weekend.
  • I've started back to work.  I started back part-time for a couple weeks and this is my second week of working full-time.  It is hard.  It is really hard.  I miss being a stay at home mommy!  I loved my 3 months home with AG and the kids.  I am so thankful to have a job though so that Jason can go to school.  God is teaching me to trust him during this season.  There is NO WAY I can do all I need to on my own.  Only with His help can I make it through each day.
  • Anna-Grace is going to school with Silas and is doing very well.  Her teachers are super nice and she is being spoiled. : )  There are only 7 other babies and any time I have been there at most there are 4 others.  She is smiley and happy when we pick her up and Silas gets to walk down to her room to visit when he finishes Kindergarten.  We are blessed it has worked out.
  • I'm still nursing so when I get home at night she wants to be attached to me the rest of the night.  It's sweet, but REALLY hard to do anything.  I'm trying to enjoy our time together and know this phase won't (can't) last forever.
  • Basketball ended last weekend for Silas and Caroline.  They both really liked playing and we will do it again next year.
  • Madelyn got into SCAPA!  It is the school for creative and performing arts in our county.  There are only 54 spots for the entire 4th grade and she got one of six piano spots.  We are SOOOO proud of her - it is very competitive and she is beyond excited.  She will start next school year.
  • Anna-Grace is 3 months old!  She is just adorable and smiles and is starting to make little laughing noises.  She is a joy.  The kids continue to adore her.
  • Our weather has been crazy.  It's been a super warm winter.  Friday the kids got our of school early and my worked closed early due to us having a 100% chance for bad tornado's.  Thankfully our city was spared but others in our state we not.  It is bad.  Then on Monday we woke up to 5 inches of snow and then Tuesday afternoon it was 70 degrees.  CRAZY!
I think that covers the major highlights. : )  Hopefully I'll have a few minutes to spare this weekend so I can get some pictures on and catch up some more.

1 comment:

Sara Beth Stout said...

That is such wonderful news about Madelyn! So proud of her and please let her know! Little AG is getting so big and just as cute as ever!