Every morning I get up at 5:15 and shower and get ready for work. I get AG up (or she wakes up) between 6:00 and 6:15 and I feed her. Then she and I get the other kids up for school and Jason packs everyone's lunch and makes their breakfast. I pack my lunch and finish getting her bottles ready and pump every morning. Usually I take the big girls to school and Jason drops off Silas and AG. I head to work and Jason heads to school for the day. After work I rush to pick up AG and Silas. I miss her so much during the day!! Of course I miss all my kids, but especially my littlest. We get home and she usually wants to nurse right away. I have been trying to put dinner in the crock pot most mornings so we can eat at night. I definitely do not have time to cook dinner in the evenings and we do not eat out much. Jason usually finishes the dinner prep while I am feeding her. After dinner we have a little time to do the girls piano and cello practice or whatever needs to be done. Then it's bath time and bedtime. AG wants to nurse again around 8:00 and sometimes will nurse for 45 minutes and then go to sleep, other times she will nurse a short while and then fall asleep. I can't bear to put her down after being away from her all day, so I usually hold her. : ) I try to wake her up again around 9:30 or 10:00 to feed her one more time before bed. Then I crash into bed and immediately fall asleep!
Last week she slept five nights in a row without a middle of the night feeding. It was heavenly! She is still sleeping in our room - with #4 it is just more convenient and we do not mind having our precious girl right with us. Her bed is right beside Jason and he can just reach over and put her passy back in during the night. Notice I said Jason's side of the bed. : ) I have not volunteered to move her to my side... We have talked about moving her to her own room, but neither of us is quite ready for that. This week she has had her first little cold and has been more restless. I have fed her every night so far - maybe not tonight? Honestly, I don't mind that much. It gives me one more time to see her and hold her since we are apart so much during the day.
She is a pretty happy little girl but she also has days where she is very fussy. I cannot seem to put a finger on what causes it. She needs her sleep just like me and her sisters. She HATES riding in the car which can be a bad start to the morning or a very rough car ride home after a long day at work. And when I say hate, I mean bloody murder screaming the entire car ride. It's awful! Most days though she is super smiley. She loves all of us and will "talk" and coo and smile when we talk to her. We are all just smitten!
A few more things about month 3:
- She loves bath time! Tonight I was soaking wet after her bath because she kicks and splashes so much! The water relaxes her and makes her so happy. I think she will love swimming this summer.
- She has been sporting little sundresses that were Madelyn's since it has been in the mid-upper 80's this week. Crazy March weather!
- We are trying earnestly to get her to roll over. The little miss does NOT like being on her tummy and will make it known! If I position her arm up under her head she can do the rest to get on her back.
- She is very active and kicks so much!
- She is very extroverted. She must be facing out at all times and needs to be part of the group. We had to bring down her reclining booster seat we bought in place of a high chair to put at the table. She was not about to be left on the floor in her bouncy while we were eating dinner. She would scream until one of us picked her up to sit at the table! Now she happily sits in her booster and watches all of us during dinner.
- She is still exclusively nursing. She takes 3 bottles during the day while I am at work and then I feed her 3-4 times. She knows momma is her food source!! Pumping at work is going okay. I do not like pumping, but I know it is best for my girl.
- She still really likes Madelyn and allows her to hold her and she has even changed a few diapers. She tolerates Caroline holding her, but she loves when Caroline or Silas talks to her or plays with her.
2 comments:
Praying for you. I can't even imagine how hard this can be.
AG sounds a lot like Ruthie. She still loves to know everything that is going on and be in the center of attention!
I just wanted to let you know from one nursing Mom to another ... Way to GO!! It's hard work, I've realized, especially when you return to work and have to make time to pump. I love nothing more than my nursing time with Anna in the mornings and the evenings and often wonder how that changes when other little ones need your time and attention. I appreciate your realisitc glimpse into real life as a working Mom of four. You're a true inspiration!!
Post a Comment