Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lost Tooth

 Madelyn finally lost a tooth!  She is 7 and all of her friends have already lost teeth.  Her permanent tooth was growing behind her baby tooth.  The tooth was not getting very loose so today we went to the dentist and they pulled it.  She was really scared at first, but then they pulled out the happy gas and she was fine.  The used numbing gel, gave her novocaine and then pulled it.  She didn't feel a thing.
After it was gone, I told her she had lost her first tooth.  She said, "really???"  She is so excited!  My mom made her an adorable tooth pillow (pictures to come) and I think the tooth fairy will be making her first appearance tonight!  The dentist said her tongue would push her permanent tooth forward so not to worry about it being set back right now.  She can't wait to show off her new smile to her friends at school!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a big day for Madelyn! I hope the tooth fairy was good to her!!