We are on track for Silas' second surgery in December! The plane tickets are bought, rental car reserved, hotel booked in Northern CA and beach rental booked in LA! We are loving frequent flyer points and points Jason has earned through work that paid for our hotel room. Both of these saved us lots of money! The girls school is being 100% supportive and wants them to come with us the entire time even though they will miss a couple weeks of school. That was a big stress relief!
Jason sister, Kristyn is coming with us for the first long weekend through Silas' surgery! She lives in MN and we do not get to see her often enough, so it will be a really fun time together. Silas is having the combined microtia and atresia surgery this time. It will be a little different, but should repair most of his hearing in his left ear. We will also implant his BAHA on the right side at this time eliminating his headband.
I'm trying to wrap my mind around being gone most of December. We leave very early in the month and don't get back until a couple days before Christmas! We will be gone for three full weeks. December is my favorite time of year, so I'm a little sad we will be gone for most of it but it will be fun to do Christmas things in CA. I still want to decorate our house here, but will probably do it on a smaller scale this year. Maybe just the family room tree and the mantle or something. I told the kids we would decorate early so it will be nice when we get home. That also means I need to have most of my shopping done before we go. I might be able to pick up a few things while we are gone, but the majority of it needs to be finished. I did buy a few things at Kohl's today with my 30% off coupon! Score!
December will be here before we know it and I am excited for Silas. He loves his new ear and asks me all the time when we are doing the other one. What is most exciting is that it should improve his hearing! We continue to ask for your prayers for Silas' safety and health, everyone's health prior and during travel and our finances/insurance battle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so exciting! I love that he loves his new ear. I'm sure that's just the reassurance you need to proceed with #2.
If there's anything I can do to help while you're gone (wrapping, cooking, etc), PLEASE let me know! I love to wrap presents, so that wouldn't be any trouble at all. It would be as if Santa had done it all himself (herself) (:
We will be praying for you guys. I'm excited for Silas and how he will be giving the gift of hearing this Christmas.
Loved Danielle's comment about wrapping gifts for you-so sweet and cute!
I meant given the gift of hearing, wow if I would just slow down and proof read! :)
so excited for you all and silas! i hope this CA trip is as much fun (and a great success) like the last one.
Post a Comment