Silas' birthday was full of ups and downs. He was able to enjoy the actual day, taking cupcakes to school and opening his presents. The next day was rough. He had a really hard morning at school and was challenging at home. I expected this. Excitement = fear for Silas. I can't explain the detail in the blog, but when he is really excited he freaks out. Shuts down, screams, acts out, can't function. The birthday cake brought this out. We picked it up and I thought (hoped) he would be happy. No, he freaked out. Thankfully after a rest he was able to enjoy the cookout and liked his cake that evening. Thank you Lord, that Silas had fun! Again, I was prepared for this behavior and was able to be calm. : ) I am proud of myself for that!
I am reading a couple new books which I think will help me understand my little guy more. I will share more about them soon. We are still going to counseling and she is seeing improvement! We are going to try to space out our appointments a little and see how things go. He is really smart, but sometimes I think he purposely tells me the wrong answer to things. I know he does this at school, so it is kind of hard to gauge exactly where he is. His speech is coming along wonderfully! He is talking up a storm now and I understand most of what he says. He is looking forward to December when we are going to CA again for his next surgery.
Dear Silas,
I can't believe you are four! You are getting to be such a big boy! I love you more every day and you continue to amaze me - you are a survivor. You love your sisters and love to irritate them just like a good brother should! You love to color, work puzzles, play with Lego's, ride your bike and use your toy mower in the backyard. Every day you tell me you want to mow! This summer you loved to swim. You still have a big appetite, and love most fruits and many vegetables. You thrive with routine and do not like any changes in our normal schedule. You still love your jeans! This summer you settled for jean shorts since it was so hot out. Thankfully cousin William had given us about 5 pairs of jean shorts! Happy 4 years, Silas! I love you so much and am so blessed God chose me to be your Mommy!
Love,
Mommy
I am reading a couple new books which I think will help me understand my little guy more. I will share more about them soon. We are still going to counseling and she is seeing improvement! We are going to try to space out our appointments a little and see how things go. He is really smart, but sometimes I think he purposely tells me the wrong answer to things. I know he does this at school, so it is kind of hard to gauge exactly where he is. His speech is coming along wonderfully! He is talking up a storm now and I understand most of what he says. He is looking forward to December when we are going to CA again for his next surgery.
Dear Silas,
I can't believe you are four! You are getting to be such a big boy! I love you more every day and you continue to amaze me - you are a survivor. You love your sisters and love to irritate them just like a good brother should! You love to color, work puzzles, play with Lego's, ride your bike and use your toy mower in the backyard. Every day you tell me you want to mow! This summer you loved to swim. You still have a big appetite, and love most fruits and many vegetables. You thrive with routine and do not like any changes in our normal schedule. You still love your jeans! This summer you settled for jean shorts since it was so hot out. Thankfully cousin William had given us about 5 pairs of jean shorts! Happy 4 years, Silas! I love you so much and am so blessed God chose me to be your Mommy!
Love,
Mommy
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Silas! God bless you, today and always!!!
Wow! He looks so much older, seriously!! His little face has matured so much since we last saw him. Happy birthday, Silas!!!
Happy Birthday little man! Hard to believe he's already 4.
Interesting....Jacob also gives wrong answers on purpose sometimes. I still wonder why that is. Happy Birthday Silas!
Tracy
Post a Comment