Tuesday and Wednesday of this week the kids were out of school due to snow. I am SO ready for Spring!!! Tuesday we had a nice day. Caroline had her friend Kaia over and all the girls played together. Silas helped me do lots of laundry, I made Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa and quesadillas for dinner. Yummy! I shoveled the driveway and sidewalks and Madelyn came out and made her first snowman.
Wednesday I had to work and my mom came over to watch the kids. They made Valentine cookies and had fun playing. Thankfully today the roads are better and the kids were able to go back to school. Missed days = less summer break. It was very nice to be able to sleep in the last couple mornings though.
Silas has cycled back to a better place over the last few days. It's a cycle. We have a couple great days, a couple testing days, a couple horrible days, a couple okay days and then back to good days. Today is gymnastics day. Last Thursday was a very hard day. I took him out of class since he was not listening and our entire day was a disaster. I reminded him this morning about last week. Hopefully he will be able to link his behavior last week with me pulling him from class. I'm praying gymnastics goes better this week and we do not have a repeat of last Thursday.
I am finally reading "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. I'm sure many of you have read it, but if you have not, read it now! I'm on day 12 and it has been such a blessing. I have always known God had a plan and purpose for putting Silas in our lives. I have seen all the trials as opportunities for God to change me, to mold me into the person he planned me to be. This book has reminded me of all of these things and more. Life is a test and my primary goal in life should be to bring glory to God in all things. Living for Jesus often means choosing the difficult path over the easy one. Even though life is often difficult, I am reminded that God makes no mistakes. He allows trials to come and we can chose to glorify him through them and allow them to change us, or we can complain and be selfish. Now, I am not perfect, but my goal is to embrace these trials and keep my mind focused on God, not myself. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the book. It has really helped me refocus my view of life and my purpose here.
Tomorrow all the kids have Valentine parties. Silas and Caroline's are during the school day and parents are not invited. I will be at work during Madelyn's but Jason is able to leave work early to go to her party. The kids are looking forward to sharing their Valentine cards with their friends. Have a great Thursday everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment