Sunday, June 28, 2009

One Year with Silas



Tomorrow is our one year anniversary with Silas. It has been a whirlwind of a year. Life has been more joyous and more difficult than I could have ever imagined at the start of our adoption journey. One thing I know for sure is that Silas is our son. God makes no mistakes! We love Silas and are dedicated to healing his heart. He has made such wonderful progress this year with his speech and with learning how to live in a family.

Silas,
Mommy and Daddy love you unconditionally. We loved you before we ever met you. God chose you to be our son and he picked the perfect one for us! God is teaching us so much as we parent you. God is challenging us and changing us as we learn how to be the best mommy and daddy we can be to you. As time goes on, you will understand that we love you and you will learn to let us love you. You will learn that mommy and daddy will never leave you no matter what you do. You will learn that God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. We pray that over our second year together, that you can begin to relax into our love. We pray that God will continue to heal your heart from any past hurts and pain you experienced. We love you so much and will forever. Nothing will ever change that! Happy one year son!
Mommy and Daddy

10 comments:

Jill said...

What a sweet slideshow! Mallory was pointing at Silas as we watched and talked about playing catch with our China buddies. I'm so glad we got to see you all yesterday. Happy one year!

Emily said...

I really enjoyed the slideshow! It's amazing how much change can happen in one year. You guys are doing a great job with Silas. Continue persevering!

Alyssa said...

Brought tears to my eyes! The slideshow was perfect and your letter to him so sweet. You are wonderful parents!

jeanette said...

oh goodness! I'm teary eyed.

very sweet letter Cara. :)

I can't believe you're already at 1 year!

Jason and Becky said...

Wow! I can't believe it has already been one year. Thanks for doing the video. He will cherish this blog, video, and the letter when he is grown.

Rebecca said...

OMG! Cara, what a great video! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I have seen all of those pictures before.....but I cried right through your slide show anyway! You guys are amazing parents and it has been an incredible blessing to watch Silas grow and blossom over the past year. God bless your entire, precious family of five! We love you!
-Len

Danielle said...

What a special collage of pictures. Silas will surely treasure that one day. It's hard to believe it's already been a whole year! Time flies when you're having fun.

Colin is finally starting to enjoy playing with other kids. We'll have to get the boys together some time to play.

John and Tara Dunn said...

Cara, that was beautiful. Such a testimony to God's love and goodness. I really want a big Silas hug right now!!!!

Debbie said...

Cara, Silas is a blessed little boy to be in this family. Your girls love him and it shows how much you and Jason do as well. I love the movie. Great job!