Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ballet Recital

The girls both did fantastic at their ballet recital! They had a big cheering crowd. My parents, grandparents, a family friend and Tara (our old babysitter) were there along with Jason parents and his sister and her husband. We were so happy Jason's parents were able to see the girls - it was the first recital they have been able to come to because they have always lived out of the country. Jason's sister and her husband flew down from MN to come.
So cute and ready to dance!
The "before" shot after her mandatory rest time. The recital did not start until 7:00 and I made the girls rest.
Looking more like a ballerina
Ms. Glamorous
My "Music Box Ballerina"
Madelyn LOVES ballet. After much thought, we have decided to switch her to a different ballet school for next year. They focus more on ballet, which is what she truly enjoys and I think it will be a better fit for her. The current school she attends is more competition driven instead of ballet technique driven. Next year she would focus more on tap and jazz(hip hop) if she stayed at her current school. I think she will love her new ballet school.

Caroline's "before" shot. She was very mad mommy woke her up from her rest time.
There's a smile. : )
What a sweet girl!
My "Funky Ballerina"
Caroline loves performing.
She did great! Caroline has decided she wants to try gymnastics next year so she is going to take some time off from ballet. Gymnastics might be what she really loves. When making the decision about stopping ballet she told me she only wanted to do hip hop dancing, not ballet. : ) Oh boy...

2 comments:

jeanette said...

those are 2 BEAUTIFUL ballerinas. :) I had to laugh at Caroline's "before" shot -that one is a classic. :)

Anonymous said...

I love Caroline's "before" picture! I feel that way in the morning sometimes when I get woken up, too!!

Your girls (and boy) are beautiful!!