Monday, September 5, 2011

Silas is 5!

 September 1, Silas turned 5!  We celebrated the weekend before at a bouncy house place here in town.  Birthdays are generally very difficult for Silas.  The past couple of years we have had very low key family only celebrations at home.  Five is a big year, so I decided to try a party.  Overall, it went surprisingly well!  The day before the party was his rough day.  I told him, no matter what he was still having his party, his friends would still be there and he would have cake and presents.  That seemed to help a little.  I think he is so afraid it won't actually happen that he freaks out.  The day of the party was very pleasant!  We went to church, he played nicely and took a little nap before we celebrated.  I was prepared for a difficult day and was so thankful he was able to handle the excitement like a "normal" (I hate to use that word) kid.



 The Hurricane Stimulator - it was super windy inside!


 The Cake - my awesome friend Lennie made him the cutest, biggest Cars cake you have ever seen!
 Happy boy!
 Blowing out his candles
 Yum!

Enjoying opening his gifts!

Silas,
You are 5!  What a big boy!  It has been amazing to watch you these last three years as you have changed from a baby to a big boy.  You are a tough little guy and are amazing.  You are so smart and love your family.  You are super excited to be a big brother in a few months.  You love playing with cars, trucks and anything with pieces you can put together and take apart.  Your favorite color changes on a daily basis and you still love to eat.  You have matured so much and I am very proud of the little man you are becoming.  God has great plans for you and I am so happy he choose me to by your mommy!  I love you!
Mommy

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy 5th Birthday, Silas! You are very special to our family! Your Datong brother loves you!

Danielle said...

Thank you again for including us for his special day. Colin had a great time!