Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baby's Name!

Isn't choosing a name fun?  I love names.  With Madelyn, we especially struggled to find a name both Jason and I loved.  I still love her name now and how we spelled it.  Her middle name is Alyssa, after my sister.  I had wanted to use the name Caroline for Madelyn.  Jason was not crazy about it when Madelyn was born but it had grown on him. We had trouble deciding on a middle name for Caroline because we wanted a family name but didn't really like the sound of them with Caroline.  Her middle name is Jaye.  Caroline is kind of after Cara and Jaye for Jason. 

Through both pregnancies with the girls, we always had our boy name picked out.  It was Charles Isaac.  When Silas came along, the adoption agency had named him Silas.  We called him Silas for months as we were making the adoption decision and he just wasn't a "Charlie" to me at that point.  He was Silas.  Thankfully I like that name too!  We used Charles for Silas' middle name after Jason's dad.  Jason's middle name is also Charles.  We also used Silas' Chinese nickname Tuan as a second middle name.

Now on to the new baby.  We talked and the kids contributed names they liked (usually a friends name!).  One day her name came to me and Jason loved it too.  The kids all approved and we can't wait to meet our newest family member.
Anna-Grace Ellen
Anna-Grace because we love the name.  Jason's sister Kristyn's middle name is Anne.  Ellen is my mom's name and my grandmothers middle name.  We will call her Anna-Grace!  
 
Madelyn Alyssa
Caroline Jaye
Silas Charles Tuan
Anna-Grace Ellen
Love them all! 

9 comments:

Emily said...

I love that name, too! Can't wait to meet little Anna-Grace! :)

Sara Beth Stout said...

I love it! Beautiful! We love the name Grace, but it was already given to Matt's little cousin and we didn't want any confusion there. And I know your mom is so happy! Can't wait to meet Miss Anna-Grace!

Jen said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful name, I especially like the first part : )

Mama Smors said...

love it!! :) My mom's name is Anna and I hope to use it somewhere. So pretty!

John and Tara Dunn said...

Love love love! So exciting!!!!

Anonymous said...

We love em' all, too! Can't wait to meet Anna-Grace! :)
Love-Len

jeanette said...

so funny! I was just thinking of you guys the other day and wondering what "her" name was going to be...cuz I just LOVE the names of your other 3. LOVE Anna-Grace Ellen. You guys are good at the name game. :)

Rachel said...

That is a beautiful name! Congratulations!

Dana Woods Poynter said...

I love baby names too...and I'm especially fond of "Silas" :-)

My oldest is Emily Ann-Katherine because all of her grandmothers and great grandmothers have one of those three names.

My middle is Kensley Jo-Brynee'. Her paternal grandfather is Kenneth Wesley (so I got creative) and my dad is Joe. We were going to go with Kensley Jo but that seemed to plain to follow her sister. My middle name is Renee' and Emily was going to school with a little girl named Brynee' so we hyphenated and I love her name.

Edison's birthmother named him Eddy Alejandro. I wanted something a little more grown-up than Eddy and we finally agreed on Edison. We kept Alejandro since his birthmother gave him that name.

Emily Ann-Katherine
Kensley Jo-Brynee'
Edison Alejandro

Did I mention that I love baby names? I love all of your baby names too and glad I got to be a part of naming Mr. Silas Charles Tuan.

Sorry...this comment became long. I will never forget when you walked in to inquire about Silas. I loved working with you and Jason through the dossier process and seeing Madelyn and Caroline. I've also enjoyed your journey with Silas. Some families make an impression...yours was definitely one of them. I wish you all the very best transition as Miss Anna-Grace Ellen joins your family!