Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy February!

Life has been busy and blogging has been at the bottom of the to do list!  Since this is my scrapbook, and I want to be able to remember life as it is, here is what has been going on.
  • We enjoyed Valentine's day yesterday.  We got the kids each a pair of PJ's and Jason bought me my favorite chocolate covered grapes and strawberries!  I was wife of the century and got Jason and iPad.  He has been wanting one for months and I keep saying no!  We didn't do Christmas gifts for each other and he is truly the best, most helpful husband and dad and I wanted to surprise him.  I gave it to him on Friday so he would have the entire weekend to play.  He is in heaven!  I was able to slip out of work for a few hours to attend the girls Valentine ice cream parties.  Love that I have a flexible job now!
  • I registered Silas for Kindergarten today! AHHHH!!!  I was feeling really apprehensive about sending him next year.  He does so well in his school now and I am afraid going to a much larger school with a bigger mainstream class will be really hard.  After registering him, the principal called me over to talk about Silas.  He wanted to know any issues he has as well as what teacher I though would be good and then gave me his opinion and thoughts.  I feel so much better!  I know he will do everything he can to make Silas have a successful Kindergarten year!  It will be great having all the kids at one school.
  • For the past couple weeks Silas has told me a few times that he loves me. : )  This morning he ran down the hallway, gave me a big hug and said, "I LOVE YOU!".  HUGE!  Yesterday he even told Jason that he loves him.  We are still having hard moments but are also having some breakthroughs.  Two and a half years and he can finally tell us truthfully that he loves us.  Makes my heart so happy!
  • My new job is going well.  I am loving being home every night and weekend.  There is a definite learning curve to working full time every day vs. having at least 2 weekdays off each week.  The schedule is working much better for our family.
  • It has been a cold, snowy winter.  Highs later this week are forcasted to be in the 60's so maybe spring is on it's way???
  • I turned 34 a couple of weeks ago.  Jason and I celebrated by having dinner at the Melting Pot - yummy!  He also got me an iPhone.  I swore I never wanted one, but now that I am working full time, it is great to be able to have email and such at work.  I love it.
  • Caroline is really enjoying her cello.  Learning is slow at the beginning but she is making really good progress.  She is the most adorable thing with her cello!
  • Silas' ear is healing well.  I took some pictures yesterday and hope to download them soon.  I am thankful the surgeries are behind us.
  • Oh and one last thing - we got a new mattress!  After almost 12 years our mattress was horrible.  Jason was waking up everyday with a sore back and we could never get comfortable.  We bought a Tempur-Pedic and it is heavenly!  I sleep so soundly now and it is really the most comfortable bed I have every slept in.  It's about double the price of a nice traditional mattress, but it has a 20 year warranty so it will last twice as long.  Getting into bed every night is a treat!
  • Hopefully I can get on a more consistent blogging schedule!  Like I said, working full time is a learning curve for all of us and we are taking it a day at a time.  I am so thankful for Jason who has really stepped up to help.  He is becoming quite a chef which is making me very happy! 

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Wes would be SO jealous of Jason's iPad! You really are wife of the century.

Cynthia said...

Sounds like all is going well! So glad to hear about the latest news!

kitzkazventure said...

You are doing MUCH better than me at blogging and i dont have a full time job. Glad the job is going well. I don't know if you get our SCC adoption emails still but we are having speakers for the next 3 months....first is Julie Kraska, OT....the sensory one that we use. Then Joan, then a speech therapist from UK. Just FYI...if you have any questions, it is a good (free) time to ask those. :)