Thursday, January 28, 2010

This and That

A recap of our last couple weeks:
  • Silas is now wearing 2 BAHA's as a trial. We went to Cincinnati today for a hearing test, and he did wonderfully wearing 2!! We're going to continue to try it for a few more weeks to see if it makes a significant difference
  • Madelyn got her second report card and did well. She is really making progress with her reading and is gaining more confidence. The best part was that her teacher said she was so compassionate and willing to help anyone, and was a good friend to all.
  • Caroline and Silas also got preschool progress reports and did well. Silas' speech has improved so much since starting his school.
  • I had one of my lowest parenting moments this morning. Silas' routine was different and he was being extremely challenging. We ended the morning with spilled juice, cereal, milk and crying (both of us). Not a good start to the day...
  • One of my goals for this year was to loose a little weight. I've gained some over the last couple years (stress I think!) and wanted to be able to fit into my clothes better. I've lost 5 lbs so far!! About 5- 7 more to go.
  • It's supposed to snow here this weekend. Depending on the line it takes, we could get some or a ton! Snow pic's may be coming soon.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

How can you lose any weight?! You're tiny as is! I hope your day turned around after the bad morning.

Darcy said...

Hey, stranger! I would love to hear how Silas does with the 2 BAHAs. They mentioned that the last time we were there. Does he wear 2 softbands then? Do you know the insurance piece of having two yet?
Keep me posted!! Hope a little sunshine today helped turn everyone's day around!!