Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Really Disappointed

Things have moved along so nicely during our adoption process until yesterday. We got a call from our agency who said they had "bad news." Great. Fed Ex has lost all 14 families documents that were en route to China. They were last tracked in Alaska and now have disappeared. This includes our signed letters of acceptance, passport copies, and other personal information. It should have arrived in China over a week ago and we just found out it had been lost yesterday.

Our agency is asking China to resubmit our LOA's and to possibly accept scanned copies so they can go ahead and process our travel approval. I'm really down. Yesterday I was okay, but today it has hit me. We are back to the waiting game and I don't know when we will get Silas. It would be July it could be next fall. People who have gotten their LOA's after us will probably travel before us. That really frustrates me. Sorry, I'm just venting. Please pray our papers are found and that our new travel dates work around Kristyn's wedding on July 12.

No comments: