Thursday, January 3, 2008

Prior Approval!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today we got some awesome news from our adoption agency. Our family advocate called to tell me we received our prior approval (PA) from the Chinese government! Basically this states that we have been "pre-approved" to adopt Silas and that he is ours! Now if we can just get our government to cooperate as quickly we might get our little guy home soon!

When our dossier is ready to be sent, we'll include the PA on the front. Our adovcate said they usually process the ones with the PA faster since we were already pre-approved. I was not expecting the PA until at least February so we are really excited to have already received it. Our homestudy is being sent to the USCIS hopefully either tomorrow or Monday. I included a letter to the office stating we had already received our PA and that Silas had special needs. I also included his picture and asked that they process the info as quickly as possible, we'll see! Hopefully when they see his precious face, they will want to help us out.

We can also send Silas a care package now. We are going to have fun putting that together and mailing it to him! What a great start to 2008! Happy 16th month birthday Silas!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wonderful news! So glad this came before your trip! Can't wait to meet Silas. Hopefully it will happen faster than we think. Enjoy your trip! Glad you added the comments back on here!

jeanette said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Praise God!

Danielle said...

Just reading that brought tears of joy to my eyes! Like you said, how could you resist that adorable face? That was a great idea to include a picture. Things are moving right along and I hope they continue to. When is your trip? Be sure to take pictures of the girls faces - they will be so surprised and so excited!
Danielle