Sunday, September 23, 2012

Silas is Six!

September 1, Silas turned six!  We celebrated with a swim party in our backyard with 3 of his cousins and family.  It was the perfect party for him.  Birthdays tend to be difficult for Silas - he struggles with the anticipation of fun events.  I purposefully kept the party low key and he had a great time!
 
 Swimming view from the deck
 Birthday Boy
 Cutie
 Cousins eating pizza
 My attempt at at Star Wars cake.  I am clueless about Star Wars so I had a little trouble with this!
Me and my boy

Silas,
What an amazing six year old you are!  You are now a big Kindergartner and love your new school.  You have transitioned so well to regular school and I am so proud of you!  You have made new friends and enjoy buying your lunch at school.  You have started piano lessons and are quite a musician.  I think you will enjoy music your entire life.  You also have big dreams to play both the drums and the guitar.  Mommy is making you take piano first though. : )  Another dream you have is to be in the Nutcracker like Madelyn is.  I signed you up for the boys ballet class and you seem to be enjoying it.  You wear your shoes at home sometimes and practice.  Today though, you told me that after the Nutcracker was over you wanted to do basketball again.  It is fun for you to try new things and then you can decide what you really are passionate about.  

You love to play outside and I am not looking forward to the cold weather that keeps you in.  You love riding your bike and playing with Olivia next door.  This summer you wanted to swim every day and became a really good swimmer!  You also love building drum sets of of your connex and having concerts.  You love to sing worship songs and play your drums or air guitar.  Reagan your babysitter got you a microphone for your birthday and you have put it to good use!

I love you Silas.  I pray that you will know you are loved and will know the only perfect love comes from God.  I pray that your relationship with him grow as you grow and that you come to know him as your Heavenly Father.  I pray for wisdom and guidance so I can be the best mom possible to you.  I am so glad you are part of our family!
Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

John and Tara Dunn said...

Happy Birthday, Silas! Cannot believe he is six. Overwhelmed thinking about all God has done. Miss that kid!

Sara Beth Stout said...

oh man! I am in tears as I read all of this. (it's probably just the 3rd trimester hormones) I sure do miss those kids of yours! I am loving that he loves ballet, basketball, drums, and guitar. So well rounded!
Happy Birthday, Silas! The Stout family loves you!

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday, Silas! Looks like he had a great time at his party.

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Silas! We are so proud of how far you have come!!!