Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Two Weeks

Yesterday Anna-Grace was two weeks old.  She has a doctor's appointment and has grown nicely!  She is now 5 lbs 14 oz. which is over her birth weight.  They measured her to be 19.5 inches, but I'm wondering if that's a little off... I have a hard time believing she would have grown 1.5 inches in two weeks.  Her appointment went well and the doctor said she was perfect, I had to agree.  I also had an appointment yesterday and I am also healing.  I still need to take it easy, but overall I'm feeling much better.  It will be so nice when I can do little things like laundry and feel like getting out and about more.  I know it will come - I just have a hard time "resting" since I feel so lazy!  I've watched way too much HGTV lately.  Thankfully Jason has been holding the fort down and taking care of everything.  He is awesome.

Last night Jason and I were in the family room watching a movie after the kids went to bed (The Help - it was wonderful, by the way).  I have to stay up to feed her around 10:00 before we head to bed.  Anyway, I looked over at Jason holding Anna-Grace and just had a feeling of unbelief that we actually had another baby.  This year has gone by so quickly and I just can't believe she is actually here and we have four kids.  I feel so blessed to be able to have another life to love and nurture.  We are all really enjoying her.  The fourth time around, things have just been easier.  The transition from 1-2 kids has by far been the hardest for me.  So far, number four has been easy.  She is a good sleeper though, so that helps a lot.  One-two was also probably the hardest for me since my big girls are only 18 months apart.  Those first six months of Caroline's life are a huge blur. : )  The other kids are big enough now that they are helpful and understand why Anna-Grace needs me a lot right now.  They have been wonderful!

Today all three big kids went to Great Wolf Lodge with my parents and sister and her family.  It's nice to have a quite day today while they are gone and I know they will have a blast.  They will be home tomorrow evening and then Thursday and Friday the kids and I are going to make gingerbread houses and make some sugar cookies.  I'm trying to still do a few fun Christmas traditions this year, just scaled down. 

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You both looked great! If you need anything, just let me know.