Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Adoption

Here is a great article about adoption.  Many churches (mine included) are really pushing and targeting adoption right now.  This is wonderful, but adoption is NOT for everyone.  I have heard of so many disrupted adoptions since we brought Silas home.  I think people often go into adoptions with unrealistic expectations - I did.  I'm not saying I wish we had not adopted - not at all - but God did not call every Christian to adopt.  I never want to dissuade anyone from adopting, but people need to understand the reality of it and the reasons behind wanting to adopt. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cara,
That is a GREAT post about the realities of adoption! It worries me when churches encourage people to adopt, sometimes for the wrong reasons, and then when the going gets tough no one is there to support those families through things they never dreamed of. Thanks for sharing. I may share it as well.
Tracy