I need to write down more of the funny things the kids say. They have me laughing all the time, but then a little later I forget what they said! Here are a couple I remember from the week.
I am not very educated on things little boys need to know such as the specific names of construction equipment. To me things are all called diggers or big trucks. We have now added backhoe to our vocabulary thanks to Silas. : ) Silas points out every truck when we are driving. Every. Truck. Pick up trucks, semi's, concrete trucks... you get the idea. He also points out every piece of construction equipment and he calls them all backhoe's because that is the only term his mother knows. Well, we were at a stop light the other day and there was a machine next to us (I still am not sure what it was) and Silas was yelling "backhoe! backhoe!!" One of the girls, I think Madelyn said, "Silas that is not a backhoe, it is a fronthoe!" So now we have two construction terms, a backhoe or a fronthoe. We need some tutoring from my three nephews!
Caroline is such a sweet, sweet girl. She is always telling me how much she loves me. She tells me this at least once a day. "Mommy, I love you so much. I love you better than all the mommies in the whole world. Even the mommies from a long time ago and the mommies from now. You are the best mommy ever." She just melts my heart! I've enjoyed being able to spend some time with just her since school has started. Two mornings a week Silas and Madelyn are both at school and Caroline and I get to hang out. It's been good for both of us! I will miss her when she starts Kindergarten next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gabe went through a construction equipment phase about this time last year. I was in about the same boat as you - I knew what a backhoe was, but not much else. YouTube to the rescue! If you go do a search for "If I were a digger," there's a series of 4 videos (a couple minutes long each), that are designed to teach kids what these things are called.
I miss hearing the funny things they say so much!!! John and I still quote them weekly...actually more like daily:). Give them a hug from me! I will definitely call soon...want to hear their cute voices:).
I see you know another John and Tara. How small the world is!
I feel the same way about the names of construction equipment. Why don't they teach that in parenting classes?
Post a Comment