Friday, April 4, 2008

LID & Fundraiser

We finally got our LID (Log in date) this week! This is the date that everything is officially "logged it" to the system in China. 2/21/08 is the date we count from until we recieve our LOA from China. As of today we are at 43 days. Average right now with our agency I've heard is around 75 days from LID to LOA. So about 1 more month (hopefully) until we know when we will be travelling! Very exciting.

I am sooo tired. All of my free time the past week has been organizing for our giant yard sale fundraiser. Today was our first day of our two day yard sale. We have been praying for nice weather for a long time and wouldn't you know we were having flood warnings and thunderstorms all day yesterday and today! This morning I prayed that since the weather had not worked in our favor that God would still provide people to shop and boy did he! We were really busy all day and have made over $700!!! We still have a full day tomorrow. THANK YOU to everyone who donated items for our sale - you all are the best! This morning at 7 am as I was trying to find the camera to take pictures of our garage & basement filled to the brim with stuff people were already arriving. My mom took some pictures which I will post soon. A special big thank you to Julia, Tracey, Lennie, Mom, Terry, Alyssa & Ma-maw for your help! I could not have done it without you!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! So happy for you guys! What a relief to finally know everything arrived and is in process. Looks like travel before the Olympics, too. Whew!