Wednesday, March 19, 2008

100 Good Wishes Quilt

We are making Silas a 100 Good Wishes Quilt! This is a tradition in Northern China. 100 people each donate a piece of fabric and a prayer or good wish for Silas. They are put together to make a quilt. My mom actually took up quilting a few years ago and is excited for this project. We need LOTS more squares, so keep them coming in! So far we have 7, only 93 more to go!! :)

From Jani Lewis at Southland Christian Church.

From the Duggar's, friends in Ohio.


From Patti Burnside, one of my favorite people in Alpha Gamma Delta.

Love the squirrel Patti!



From the Brown Family. Blue from Ryder, green from Turner,
red from Baylor and orange from Major

The girls holding their brother's quilt squares. If you would like to donate one, you can e-mail me at caragroth@alltel.net. Thank you!

2 comments:

jeanette said...

Ours is on its way and you should have it soon!

Danielle said...

I gave 2 to my mom today to drop by your house. I didn't include a note but I think one of them is pretty self explanatory - the sports related one is because of Wes's love of sports and the choo-choo train one is from Colin because he loves the sound a choo-choo makes. I can't wait to see the finished product.