Silas,
You don't have any idea what joy it brings to my heart to be able to say hello to my son! I pray for you every day and cannot wait to see you and hold you in my arms. You are such an awesome blessing from God. You have a lot of adventures and fun to look forward to with Dad. Our house has some projects that I know I am going to need your help with. I always helped my dad around the house and really learned a lot from him that I am looking forward to teaching you. I am going to need your help picking out special presents for mom and your sisters. We will have fun making the girls of our family happy. I am really outnumbered now by girls with your mom and sisters. It will be nice to have another guy around the house. I can already tell that you are going to be a Kentucky Wildcat, I can see it in your eyes. I have a special seat saved next to me for us to watch UK Basketball and Football together. I look forward to playing basketball with you on the goal in the backyard. I wonder if you will like to hear stories about when I was a little boy like your sisters do? I am counting down the days until we meet! I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you I love you and can't wait for you to come HOME!
Your Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jason-
What a sweet letter - probably not what you wanted to hear but it was really touching. I loved where you said you were saving a seat next to you to watch UK games. I look forward to the day when Colin watches sports with Wes. He already does but of course he doesn't understand. I'm sure I'll be eating those words some day when I get tired of them ALWAYS watching sports!
Danielle
Post a Comment